Hi, I’m Jeanette and I am a certified housing counselor and financial coach at Habitat for Humanity of Monroe County H.O.P.E. Program.
H.O.P.E stands for Home Ownership Preparation and Education. We are a Michigan State Housing Developments Authority (MSHDA) certified housing counseling agency that serves all of Monroe County
I have worked with many clients that just needed a little information and support to reach their financial goals. Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions that you may have.
734-243-2048 ext 111
1. I am renting a home right now but my rent keeps going up. I would like to find out if I can buy a house.
We offer home buyer education workshops and individual financial coaching services that will help you understand the process and what you need to do to reach the goal of home ownership.
2. I want to repair my credit report.
Through our individual coaching services or financial capability workshops you can learn what it will take to improve, repair, or establish credit.
3. I have a mortgage on my house but am struggling to make the payment.
Habitat H.O.P.E. offers foreclosure counseling services that can help you determine what options may be available to help you stay in your home.
4. I have been denied for a mortgage loan.
Working with a financial coach at Habitat H.O.P.E., will help you determine what needs to happen in order to qualify for a mortgage.
We will review your budget and help you determine what is affordable. We will also discuss what lenders look for when they are qualifying you for a loan.
5. I am behind on my property taxes. I can afford to pay them now but cannot pay the past due amount.
Habitat H.O.P.E. offers assistance with the Step Forward Michigan Program. This program, if you qualify, will pay up to $30,000 in past due property taxes (and mortgage payments)
We offer the following services:
- Home Buyer Education Workshops
- Individual Financial Coaching
- Financial Capability Workshops
- Mortgage and Tax Foreclosure Counseling
All services are free* and open to anyone in Monroe County
*there is a $25.00 material fee for the Home Buyer Education workshop